The Snag Hole
Word is the new offices will be decorated with colorful outdoor artwork,...leaping rainbows and cruising brown trout. As the new owners of the Hebgen Dam, they promise to bring us good flows of river water to the Madison and happy trout for all.
With all those hard hats behind us, how can we lose?
THE MEETING WAS HELD AT EL WESTERN RESORT CONFERENCE CENTER, ENNIS, MT, 4/29/14...6PM...hosted by Brent Mabbott of PP&L, open to the public... TOPICS DISCUSSED AND PRESENTED AS FOLLOWS:
1. Fish work, electroshocking results, trout population estimates, Pine Butte, Varney and Norris sections of Madison River.
2. Madison River flows in 2013, 2014 compared to past years and projections.
3. Pulse flow data from every year 2000-2007, 2009-2013.
4. Status of building a fish barrier on Upper Cabin Ck.
5. Flushing flows/objectives, 2014 snow pack readings, sites/redd surveys.
6. Water temperature data from Madison R, history and comparisons...Pat Clancy.
7. Flow releases from Hebgen Res. 10%-30%...reasons and limitations.
8. Update on PP&L sale to NorthWestern Energy.
9. Hebgen Dam repair...progress and projections.
We lost a giant yesterday. Peter loved the Madison and he loved to fish, but mostly he liked to hang with fishing guide types and listen to the wind. Read about his incredible, interesting and adventurous life and you will be left amazed, as I was, to know him...he did so much...he left a lot of tracks. RIP.